Friday, November 6, 2009

Miiiiiiiitch Please!

I've never really been a huge fan of the Fall season which some people think is almost, like anti-American.  Well I like Summer and Spring, dang it.  Whatever.  So anyway, we are dealing with our first Fall at the house. 
So as it turns out, we wanted a house with lots of full grown trees because our last house had one puny toddler tree that was so disappointing.












Look at all that shade!! 


The house we purchased has lots of trees and lots of shade.  But we forgot about FALL!!!! OH NO!! LEAF INFILTRATION!! HELP!!














The picture above is actually after we put them all in a pile.  I like to exaggerate how bad the leaves were but they definitely weren't THAT bad. 
















Here is the pile on the street in front of our house.  Brian watched through the door the whole time. I think he was laughing at us.

We left the leaves over night on the street (I'm sure our neighbors LOVED that) because it got dark after working in the yard FOR AN HOUR!!! (Thank you Daylight Savings Time and Mitch)
Then next night with our house of daylight after work, we bagged them.
Andrew does not like having his picture taken for blog posts.





















BUT I DO!!! :)

















Look at the bags all in a row.  We used more than a roll of garbage bags to fit all the stinking leaves.

















THOSE ARE JUST THE LEAVES IN THE FRONT YARD!!! WHAT WERE WE THINKING??

Actually I do have to admit one thing, as much as I say I don't like fall, I still LOVE the colors.
SO pretty. 


























Too bad I can only look at the fall colors in the DARK!! MIIIIIIIIIITCH PUH-LEASE!

I don't know how I used to live in the Central Time Zone.  How did I not have a severe Vitamin D deficiency??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have a big vacuum truck that sucks up all the leaves. You just pile them on the street and they suck em up! Fuck that bilbo baggings the leaves. Also I am surprised you can use plastic bags? Usually you have to use something biodegradable. Adam bought an xbox360 yesterday, he was giggling like a little girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...