Monday, June 7, 2010

Future Blackhawks Right Here

Friday night Andrew and I went ice skating. Yes, ice skating... in June. Weird right? But Andrew's friend joined a local hockey league and told Andrew he should join too. Andrew had never skated before so he decided to give it a try at Open Skate on Friday night.

Look at the look on his face. I guess he's really not sure what to think about it. He really improved in just an hour of skating. I was impressed. He started out skating mostly by the wall like this.
But then he let go of his "training wheels" and it looked a little more like this.





As you can kind of see in the video, ice skating is fairly popular in South Bend even in June. I think once Andrew feels a little more comfortable on skates, he'll probably join the league. Maybe I can join next year!

2 comments:

CyndiPurdueMom4 said...

Can he take lessons before he starts playing the game that causes more tooth loss than any other sport? I worry.... I am a mom....

The Thornburgs said...

Don't worry! There's no "checking" allowed in this league. If all goes according to plan, he'll just slowly skate from one end of the rink to the other trying to catch up with the rest of the team. :) Haha!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...