So what's Baby Thornburg doing these days?
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
- Blah blah blah 3.3 pounds, bag of oranges, sock full of nickels, etc.
- Enjoys yawning, sucking his or her thumb, kicking mom in the diaphragm.
- Turn-offs include: getting the hiccups, really loud noises and you trying to do all that boring “sleeping” at night.
- Can totally round down your answer to “two months” when people ask you how much longer you have to go. DO NOT focus on the crazy week-to-month-ratio math at this point in pregnancy, particularly when there are breakable, smashy objects within reach.
- Can now play everybody’s favorite game, Guess The Body Part That’s Sticking Out Next To My Belly Button! Elbow or heel? Head or butt? Did I seriously just maybe feel my baby’s BIG TOE?
What about the Mama?
Feeling pretty good! I'm pretty sure I felt his hiccups a couple times recently. THAT was weird. It was either that or he was practicing an extremely slow drum solo for an As I Lay Dying song. Where could he have possibly picked THAT up?? :)
We have officially finished our Birthing class as of last night. We didn't have to sit by the awful couple last night but we could still see him texting the whole time. Barf. Now we have a Breastfeeding class and a class called After Baby Comes left.
31 Week Appointment
I had my 31 week appointment. They have me in and out of there in less than 45 minutes now. They do the urine test, blood pressure, belly measurement, listen for the heartbeat and then say "Don't let the door hit ya..." but I never hear the end of that sentence because I'm already scheduling my next appointment. It's crazy! But it's nice to not have to take that much time off work so I shouldn't complain.
The Great White Belly Button Mystery
Soooooo, I have this issue. My belly button has a white ring around it. I thought it was a little weird so I started showing it to people. They thought it was weird too. So I googled it. Turns out, there's not much about it online either. The only thing I found was THIS. That's IT!!! So now I know (because of Yahoo! Answers) that there are at least 4 people in the world with this weird belly button.
Usually when you look up something pregnancy-related, you find millions of pages of information. But not this. No, I'm just "lucky".
I asked the doctor if she knew what it was. She said, "Well it's obviously a skin pigmentation issue. (NO CRAP!) A lot of people have dark lines by their belly button but I guess yours just happened to go lighter." So she had never seen anything like it either. WEIRD!
So do you wanna see it??????
Ok, brief nudity to follow. :)
So there you have it. That's the white ring around my belly button.
One white ring to rule them all. :)
Finally your preggo lessons of the week... just had to add some more brief nudity.