Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snowtorious B.I.G.

Recently the nation was in a tizzy about the Snowpocolypse.  Most states got some amount of snow.  It was ridiculous for everyone but us northerners.  We didn't call it a snowpocolypse, we just called it Wednesday.  We got 2 feet and then another foot.  No big deal.  But the pictures are pretty cool so I just had to post them. 

 This is (doo doo doo) looking out our backdoor.
 This is looking out our front door.  The plows had already been by.  Thanks be to the plows!
 This is our neighbors front yard. 
 One nice thing is that Brian can't run for the hills when the snow is taller than him.
 The sky was absolutely gorgeous that day. 
 The snow actually built up on those monkey bars! Can you believe that? You can see the snow hanging down in between each one. 
 Brian still looks for animals in the snow.
 Those are our patio tables collecting snow.  Lots and lots of snow. 
 I can't believe how the snow piles up in the weirdest places...
 ... and hangs off the edge of everything. 
 Here is the sun setting across the street.  Beautiful!
 I finally got stir crazy enough in the house that I decided to shovel off the patio tables.  I figured that much snow might break the glass tables. 
 I let Brian go potty unrestrained!!! He busted his butt to get back into the house.  It was cold!
 Thanks for taking pictures, Andrew.  I want to remember what I looked like shoveling snow after not showering for days. :)  (Don't blame me! I'm on maternity leave.  I believe 'maternity' is derived from the latin word 'dirtball'.)

3 comments:

CyndiPurdueMom4 said...

I believe maternity comes from the Latin "Do whatever you want...you have a free pass!"

The Goldmans said...

So funny and wow so much snow, we got covered in ice, and its still plastered everywhere :)

Shiela said...

Nice pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...