Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SIX MONTHS OLD!

Tommy is ONE HALF!! I cannot believe he is already 6 months old! I say that at every milestone but it's true.  It's goes by so fast.
 His 6 month well-visit went fairly well.  His stats are above.  His melon is 17 inches.  His length/height almost 27 inches and his weight is 18.3 pounds.  He runs in the exact middle of the chart on everything. We like to say that he pretty much created that chart.  Everyone must abide by his measurements.  He is Prince Thomas, you know.
 Tommy had a good time playing with the paper on table.  Why do babies LOVE paper so much?? I guess it's not the paper they like, it's the DESTRUCTION of the paper they love.
 Poor Tommy's rash flared up when we were at the doctor.  Poor kid.  UGH.  That rash is the WORST.  We have an appointment with the dermatologist next Friday.  I REALLY hope he can rid us of this awful awful rash. :(
By the way, I know this picture is disturbing.  But just to make you feel better, his rash calmed down significantly when we got home.  It might have been the itchy fabric on the first outfit we put on him that day.  Who flipping knows.  Grrr.
Tommy definitely told the doctor how he felt about his shots through his body language/paper destruction. Luckily this time he only needed two shots.  Yay! Not so bad!
So he was a happy camper after his appointment.  Only two shots?? Sweet!
But those poor red cheeks.  We WILL get rid of this rash! He would be sleeping through the night right now if he didn't itch! Grrrrrrrrr.

So what's new with Tommy developmentally?

Tommy is changing rapidly at this point.  It's little things that we notice.  First of all, he puts his hands up in the air when we walk up to his crib or where ever he's playing to say Pick Me Up! It's so cool.  He doesn't like when I leave him in the room alone so he cries.  But as soon as I come back, he goes back to playing.  Silly kid.

He performed an awesome magic trick for me this morning! I was getting ready to leave for the day so I put him in his carseat.  I had a pacifier in my hand so I put it on his belly and I turned around to gather up some things.  When I turned back around, he had the pacifier in his MOUTH! It was AMAZING! I kept asking him how he did it but a baby magician never reveals his secrets can't talk yet.

He laughs a LOT now.  He also shrieks just as much.  He's starting to recognize his name. We usually say his name loudly when we catch him itching and he stops scratching.  Here are a couple videos.  The first one is his blood curdling screech that he's doing now.  We thought he was just going with the grunting these days but he went back to screeching.

The second video is of Morgan talking to Tommy in her Mom Voice.  Yikes.  But don't worry, you future moms out there.  It comes with the territory.  There's nothing you can do about it.  It's gonna happen.
  

I plan to take his 6 month pictures once his rash clears up a bit.

Happy Half Birthday Tommy the Tank!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...