Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Dirty Thirty

My 30th birthday came and went last week.  I'm officially 30.  It ended up being better than I thought it would.  Andrew had to be in Rockford over my birthday so I was bummed about that.  But lo and behold, two of my friends from high school were in town from far far away that day so I got to hang out with them instead! Here we are at the Pub (City Office and Pub in Renssy) out on the patio.  None of us had every been out on the patio.  It's very cool.  I suggest you try it! :) 

 Me, Meeghan from New Mexico and Sarah from Florida.  The first one is her picture that I downloaded from Facebook.  Thanks Bailey! :-) The second one is mine. I was using my NEW CAMERA that Andrew got for me.  I am an idiot and I didn't realize that if you held your finger over the flash when turning it on, the flash will not come on.  So all my pictures are pretty dark.  Whoops.
 But I guess I learned something from that.  Dummy!
 I lightened them as much as I could but they still turned out pretty grainy and bad.  :(
 Seriously, this patio is so cool. You've got to check it out if you're ever in the Renssy area.

 I drank Smithwicks with the girls.  Yum!
 I also took an obligatory birthday shot.  It was gross.  Not excited about taking a shot...
 Taking a shot.
Blargh. Recovering from taking a shot.  Shake it out! 

Again, Sarah's camera took a better picture.  Oh well.  I learned my lesson.  

That's what I did the NIGHT of my birthday.  But during the day... my mom and I went SHOPPING! Yay! 
Tommy actually got more presents than I did that day.  He made out like a bandit.  

 He also barfed on the floor at the mall.  Luckily a janitor was available to put up these nice signs for a splatter of puke that was about the size of a small dinner plate.  CAUTION! BABY BARF!


I guess I shouldn't say that Tommy made out like a bandit because Andrew made the day very special for me too even though he couldn't be there.  I got a new camera, clothes, jewelry, gift cards and the new most exciting thing...
Adobe Photoshop Elements!! You will probably be seeing WAY more weird and fun picture editing.  I CAN'T WAIT!! Thank you Andrew for an amazing birthday! Yay for the dirty thirties! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...