Tuesday, April 30, 2013

20 Weeks: T2 is Halfway There!

Oh T2, how you grow so fast! You're already at 20 weeks. You're half way done growing in utero.
Whattoexpect.comThe fetus measures about 5.6 to 6.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 9 ounces. Your baby can hear sounds by now -- your voice, heart and your stomach growling, as well as sounds outside your body. It will cover its ears with its hands if a loud sound is made near you, and it may even become startled and "jump." The baby is moving often, too -- twisting, turning, wiggling, punching and kicking.
We'll call this one Sassy Duck Face Preggo

T2 is the size of a cantaloupe supposedly.  Looks more like a bowling ball to me.  I'm feeling lots of movements which is fantastic.  Still surprises me every time.  My belly button never popped in my last pregnancy but this time is different.  This time, unless I'm wearing extra layers, you can see something sticking out in the belly button area.  It's hasn't "popped" yet but it's sticking out for some reason.  It's weird.  But last time I had the White Belly Button Mystery so really who knows what's going on in there?? 
(By the way, I must point out that I had 10 other people google this, find my blog and comment that they had it too.  Crazy right?? See for yourself!)

Here's my belly last time. 
It's amazing how much can change in 3 years. Dare I say I look more mature even in my newest picture?? Is that weird to say about oneself? I definitely look older... for a good reason at least. :-) Jeez, what a difference.  Tiny little bump back then.  

Another thing that is wayyyyy different about this pregnancy is that we were just finding out the sex at 20 weeks last time.  We've known the sex of Baby Girl T2 for 6 weeks now! Crazy.  


So what has been going on with me lately?? 
Well I have fallen down the stairs twice.  IDIOT.  But they are dangerous!  My mom has fallen down our stairs.  Andrew fell down them with Tommy (as coffee flew up in the air and all over the place).  Seriously, you have to be careful.  The former owners chose the cheapest possible carpet and I think it was made with teflon somehow.   The first time I fell was on Easter morning.  I was in a hurry and I just slid down the bottom few stairs on my butt.  No marks, not that big of a deal.  It just scared me.  The second time was a big one.  That's what the picture above is from.  I fell from the top of the stairs down to the landing.  My feet came out from under me somehow and I came down on my arm.  It HURT.  That picture is my bruise from the day after.  That was nothing. The bruise grew over my arm in every direction.  It was purple, black, brown, green even, I think? I still haven't gotten rid of the whole bruise.  It's nasty.  I went to the doctor just to be sure everything was okay.  They checked me over and said everything was fine. Phew.  It definitely scared me into following these instructions like a real weirdo.  (Yes I just linked you to an article on how NOT to fall down the stairs. Literally everything is on the internet.)

Why am I falling down the stairs? Well for one, I can't see my feet.  But two, I'm ridiculously clumsy.  I'm normally pretty klutzeriffic but when pregnant, watch the heck out.  At work one day, I dropped my water bottle 3 times in a row in a manner of 30 seconds. I'm sure it looked like I was performing some sort of slap stick comedy routine from the 3 Stooges while water was spraying all over the place.  Whoop-whoop-whoop, nyuck, nyuck nyuck! Wise preggo, eh?

So 20 weeks have come and gone.  Only 20 more to go! Way to grow, Baby T2!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you guys should have yakkity sax at the ready at all times.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...