Monday, March 22, 2010

Purscrewed Your Bracket

This weekend was a pleasant one.  First of all, the weather predictors were wrong.  We did NOT have a wintry mix of weather.  Saaaweet.  Second of all, we were somewhat productive.  Congrats to the Thornburgs for not bathing in their own filth for the two days they are off work.

First the unproductive stuff: We filled out our brackets to get ready for March Madness, or Demented Deportivos, or Goofy Games, or Basquetbol Loco, or Fruitcake Physical Activity. Have I gone too far? 

Anyway, it's Thornburg tradition for Drewfus and I to fill out brackets and compete against each other.  Right now, after the first weekend, I'm winning by one.















Yikes, I almost picked UTEP instead of Butler.  Had to put this up because I'm impressed that I didn't screw that up.















Some weird black square showed up when I posted this picture above.  It was weird because it covered up one of Andrew's words.  It says, "_____ the Big East."  Hmmm... I wonder what he wrote. He wrote it several times on his bracket. Probably something like, "ADORE the Big East."  Yeah, that's probably it.















Here we are watching our brackets fall apart at the bar.  But that's okay because I LOVE a good story.  (That's only because I don't have any money riding on my bracket. Then I might care.)





This the bottle in which they served Andrew's Bud Light. Pretty sweet huh?











Now on to more productive things...
We painted the last room in the house.  Or at least started to paint it.  There will be another post about this when it's finished.

My parents came to visit on Saturday.  We went to Main Street Grill in Mishawaka for dinner.  Mmmmmm. You would never believe it but a salad with almonds, oranges, red peppers, goat cheese and mango ginger dressing was absolutely amazing. Yum-o.















Yes, I'm that girl that makes the waiter take a picture.

On Sunday, since my parents brought their truck, we took advantage of that and the sales at Target and got some patio furniture.




























CAN'T WAIT to sit out on our deck this summer! Who's ready to come over for party?
While I was taking pictures of our furniture, Andrew was playing basketball so I snapped a couple pictures.



Here's Andrew chasing after a missed shot.  Heeheeeheeee. EDITOR'S NOTE: Andrew wanted me to let you know that he DID NOT miss that shot.  He made it.  And it was awesome.











Andrew is doing his best Kramer impression here.  Looks a little more like Lord of the Dance though. :) Just kidding, Andrew! But make note of the new PURDUE basketball!! Perfect shot!











Speaking of basketball, how many of you Purdue fans were jumping and screaming in your living rooms at about 8 o'clock on Sunday?  What a game. Great weekend. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...