Wednesday, November 17, 2010

37 Weeks: FULL TERM, BABY!

 37 weeks = FULL TERM!  That also means "HAHAHA you still have 3+ more weeks, FOOL! Love getting your hopes up!"  But truly what that means is I can go into labor at any time and if I do, they will say FULL STEAM AHEAD!


HOORAY!!! Preggo's got mad ups! Funny thing is I knew I only had one take because I was sure I could only jump once and I was right. :) But I got it!

Brian was pretty sad to not be featured on the blog in awhile so I made sure he made it this week.  Dance, doggy, dance!
Dog has to earn his keep.

So let's see what Mr. T is up to this week...
Babycenter.com: 
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Alphamom.com: 

Your baby weighs about six and a half pounds, and is 21 inches long — quite possibly the same length he or she will be at birth. He is packing on close to a half-pound of pure, unadulterated baby chub every week. You are probably dismayed to realize you are STILL outgrowing your maternity clothes. Your shirts ride up to reveal a couple inches of belly (or elastic waistbands), your pants might bulge and pucker weirdly as your uterus drops lower, and some tops might feel especially tight as your ribcage expands to handle all your pushed-up organs. You might be having serious trouble getting a good night’s sleep thanks to your size (my limbs keep falling asleep under my body’s crushing weight), your baby’s jolt-you-awake-caliber kicks, bladder calls, Braxton-Hicks contractions, and your brain’s constant buzz of excitement and anxiety and massive to-do lists.

Me: 
Things are still going well.  Feeling okay.  I believe I've had some Braxton-Hicks contractions but nothing too exciting.  Mostly just trying to get over these nervous/anxious feelings and the fear of the unknown.  Very excited though. WHEN IS HE GOING TO GET HERE????? It's like I'm waiting for Santa to come.  But I'm trying to be patient.

We got our carseat, stroller and pack 'n play today.  I had to go pick it up.  I walk in and tell the nice man that I'm there for pickup.  He is foreign and has a thick accent.  He asks for my last name and I tell him.  He says, "You marry to Andy Thornburg?"  I said, "Why yes, I am." He said he went to high school with him.  I say, "Oh yeah? You went to Wawasee?"  He said, "No..... no...... I didn't go... THAT high school. I went to Riley."  I thought that was an extremely weird coincidence.  Then he gets the two huge boxes and said, "I help you because you look like you have someone coming out."  HAHA!!!!
I nominate that as the funniest comment I've gotten so far.  I don't think I'll hear a comment like that again.
"You look like you have someone coming out."  Sounds uncomfortable! :)

Family:
Waaaay back during the summer, my bro Adam said that he was going to send me daily pregnancy nicknames.  Well, he started out sending a few and then he forgot until just the other day.  But I'll fill you in on his creative genius.  Or dorktasticness.  Whichever you prefer.

1. Pregs McGhee and the Pregtones Featuring Brian
2. Miss Pregs Stretchtastic McShowerpuss (I told him that one didn't even make sense.)
3. Preggs McEggs
Then months passed.  This week, he graced me with this one.
4. Arnold Schwartzapregger
I told him he made up for the missing names. :)

Let's move on and learn some lessons on Pregnancy and Childcare. 

 Have I told you about my cravings? No monkey brains, luckily.  But I am embarrassed to say.  I will tell anyway.
So far, I have had cravings for Taco Bell Double Deckers.  I had so many that I can't eat them anymore.  Then I started craving butter.  GROSS!! It wasn't like I wanted to eat it off a stick like a corndog.  I just wanted butter on everything.  Then just recently and this is soooo weird...  I had a random craving for church wine.  HAHA! What? For some reason, the taste of the wine they serve at church sounded just incredibly good all the sudden.  See? It's that alcohol thing again. WEIRD.  At least it's not dirt, right? That would be a little scary.

Well, crap, how's he going to watch the Purdue games???

2 comments:

The Goldmans said...

Morgan, I love that picture, and I am so impressed that you captured it! That is awesomee, glad Baby T is still cooking away. Just remember a fatter baby will sleep longer (normally), so tell him to keep plumping up!

Shiela said...

Carson was 11 days late. It was an eternity! He still makes me wait every day 15 years later! And it is weird to say you have someone coming out, but there you go. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...