Saturday, September 22, 2012

21 Months: Look at Him, He's Talking

Tommy is 1.75 years old. Actually a little older but I'm just now getting this posted.  It is crazy how much he has changed in 3 months.  It feels like he learns 10 new words every day.  He is definitely in the repeating stage.  ANYthing we say, he is going to repeat it.  We have to be very careful what we say around him, that's for sure.  
He has become pretty particular about his clothes and shoes.  If we want him to wear something that he has previously thrown a fit about wearing in the past, we have to, as my mom says, "Distract and Attack."  :-)

He's starting to be a little pickier about what he eats.  That is not allowed, Mr. Tommy T.  Your food list cannot get any shorter!

He is obsessed with all kinds of vehicles right now.  Trucks and Cars! He LOVES Mater and McQueen from the Cars movies.  Mater is by far his favorite.

He's starting to look really old.  He's losing his baby look little by little.  It's crazy how fast it's happening! He's going to be 2 soon!! AAHHH!

We've added pretty much every soy product back into his diet (which includes the ever-awesome OREOS).  He's handling it like a champ! One food allergy down, only three more to go (milk, eggs, peanuts)!

He is LOVING daycare right now.  He doesn't even care when we drop him off anymore.  He's like "Smell ya later, Fools!" after he gives his goodbye hug.

They do all kinds of fun activities every day (for example painting with a Q-tip in the picture above).  They're learning colors right now but Tommy is such a genius (Watch out, here comes the Brag about my child moment), he already knows all his colors! I just found out yesterday that he also knows all his shapes (He even knows oval, are you kidding me?).  He has trouble saying square but it doesn't matter because whatever he does, I'm still going to think he's a genius. :-)

He loves his classmates.  This is a super cute class picture that Tommy's teacher sent us.  In order from L-R, Layla, Owen, Tommy and Landon.  Or in Tommy's words, "Waywa, Owen, and Nannan."  Poor Layla, she's the only girl in a class full of boys (and she is the only one enjoying the class pic).   I think they're getting another girl classmate in October.

We also got this picture from Tommy's teacher (who I just found out graduated a year before me in high school.  I thought she looked familiar!) and she included this message in her email... 
I asked them to go get a book and sit on rug. When I turned around from putting papers away they all were sitting like this! So cute! Thank you so much for letting me teach your child...I love them all!

How sweet is that! 

Tommy's new fave thing is singing.  He is constantly asking us to sing or singing himself.  This video is from when we were shopping at Lowes today.  He was singing Old MacDonald. 


I love how by the end he kinda was like, "Yeah I'm pretty much done singing for your little video, Ma."
His other favorite songs are Baby Beluga, Baby Bumble Bee, the Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and his ABC's.  He will sing his ABC's before falling asleep.  Now they're not perfect.  He needs a lot of help/encouragement. We supply a letter every few letters.  But it sounds a lot like....
"A, B, C,D, Effzhee, Achay, J, K, Enenenno, P, Koo, Arresss, Teeyou, Teeyou, Double... Ess, Y, Zshee" and then he kind of says a bunch of random sounds that he thinks is the "Now I Know My" part and then he yells "YAY!"  He is hilarious.

Happy 1.75 years old to my amazing little dude.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...