Thursday, September 25, 2014

Charlotte's First Birthday Luau

Charlotte is ready for her first birthday party and her first luau.
I made the tutu, onesie, and headband myself.  Claire asked me, "How do you get her to keep that lei on?" I said, "Um, I glued it to her onesie, DUH!"  HAHA!! Worked like a charm!!

 I think I was still hanging pictures 5 minutes after the party had already started.  But look how awesome they look!! Here is the Instagram Banner.  My family kept saying, "I don't think you estimated how much time all these projects were going to take!"  Whoops!

 These are the milestone monthly pictures that's I've been taking and putting on the blog every month.     These turned out especially cute.

 Speaking of projects that take time.... Here are the amazing cupcakes for the party.  Yes that is a Teddy Graham floating in a gummy saver near a beach of graham cracker crumbs and fish sprinkles along with an umbrella for shade.

 Oh hey, here's a Teddy Graham laying out on a bent piece of gum for a folding chair.  Pinterest, what would I do without you?? (Probably not be so overwhelmed with crazy projects, for one!)

 Check out Charlotte's loot! Our friends and family are so nice!

 I love this picture.  Charlotte is constantly surrounded by little girls.  Little Lady Humans LOVE Charlotte!!

 More of our favorite people at the party in these pictures...
 We wanted to have one last giant kid birthday party bash and invite everyone we love and we accomplished that. (Only smaller parties from now on)
 We had 44 people, 18 of which were kiddos ranging from 1 to 15.

 There were people everywhere!

 Hi Lilli!
 Hi Uncle Adam and Isabel!

Awww little Nora! We haven't seen Staffords forever!

Then it was time for CAKE!! 

Charlotte gives her cake the You're Number One Sign.  (BTW, I asked her pediatrician about that and he gave me an extended medical explanation about why she would be doing that and yes it is perfectly normal.)

After all that cake, Charlotte needed cleaning up.  Doesn't it look like she has on blue eye shadow? Nice.

Then Brandon hosed off the chair.  What a good idea.  That thing was a mess.

Time for gifts!  Doesn't it look like an actual luau? The torches in the background and everything? Tres cool.
We got all the gifts open before the storm came and we all rushed inside.  I have no idea why Andrew and I are dressed exactly alike.  We did not plan that.  Leis and shirts.  Impressive right?

Charlotte really enjoyed her party and so did we! Great people, Great Food (from D&R Market), and a Great Time!

 I'm not sure who enjoyed playing with her toys more?

 Charlotte also loved all of her clothes too.

Doesn't hurt that she also had some cupcakes leftover the next day!! She definitely had a party hangover, that's for sure!

Here's the silly girl on Sunday trying to recover from her big party.  What a goof!


Happy Birthday, Miss Charlotte!  Your party was quite the success!  

2 comments:

Shiela said...

Ha ha. People we love looking at their phones!

Anonymous said...

Best pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...