Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer Vacation 2015 Day 3!

You can catch up with Day 1 and Day 2 if you would like.

When you stay at the Breakers Hotel, you get an hour early entry into the park so we took full advantage!
This was Isabel's first ride of the trip! The Iron Dragon!! Great way to start!

 Tommy enjoyed the bumper cars!

 They both enjoyed fruit snacks in the ride the spent the most time, "The Stroller Ride"!

 I took Charlotte on the Carousel.  She REALLY wanted a bunny.  But then the ride operator said she couldn't ride on that particular bunny because it was on the inside track to do her small size.  Or at least I think that's what he said.  They bring a lot of foreign students from all over the world to work the rides in the summer.  Anyway, I tried to convince Charlotte to go on a different animal and she wasn't having it.  So we politely stepped off the ride and waited in line AGAIN for the carousel.  It was a 3 minutes wait but it was soooo hot, it felt like hours. :)

 On the second try, we got the MIDDLE bunny and disappointed a lot of other little girls.  Sorry 'bout ya, little ladies.  We were first in line so we got the first choice.  Charlotte was soon excited.

 It was nice because Grandma and Tommy got to ride with us the second time around.  Yay!

 There were so many kiddie rides.  They loved them all!

 Charlotte cracks me up in this picture.  She won't put her arms or legs down because the metal is pretty hot.
She looks like Ricky Bobby!!

She still had a great time though. A couple rides really scared her but she was just keep saying "I'm O-tay.  I'm O-tay."


Here are some ride highlights for your enjoyment.

 We went on the Antique Cars.  Tommy wasn't big enough to drive but I let him steer a little.  NOT the best selfie but I was multi-tasking/driving/etc.  This is why you don't text and drive! :)

 Charlotte enjoyed the breeze in the backseat.  She was just chillin'.

 Tommy was serious about taking the wheel.  He was concentrating very hard.

 We decided to cut out around lunch time so the kids could get some rest.  I love how Charlotte fell asleep with her legs scrunched up.  Dada and Uncle Adam were taking full advantage of Mama's babysitting duty.  They rode nearly everything that afternoon while the kids were napping.

 When they came back, we went to the beach! So much fun!

 Again, we could have stayed all day!

 They had so much fun!

 Father and son-in-law at the beach enjoying the waves. ;-)

 I took a panoramic of the Breakers Hotel with the rides in the background.  Such a neat location.

 Charlotte got buried in the sand, Mama got sunburned, and Tommy had, as always, a great time!


 We went back to the park that night.  Tommy and I rode the Woodstock Express.  He loved it! Ha!  Whenever he rode the 7 Dwarves Mine Train, it was dark so he couldn't see anything.  This roller coaster, he could see everything! I think it was a little unnerving.

 Charlotte, in true Charlotte fashion, "peed" on trees. ;-)

 The kids look like they are flying!!  Another fun ride for the kiddos that didn't cost a dime!

My two brothers, Andrew, and I rode the Windseeker together. (It's the tallest ride on the far left of the panoramic.)  I am terrified of heights.  This ride was so scary for me.  It was also amazing at the same time. The view was incredible! Adam's excellent GoPro skills came in handy.  Glad I have documentation of the fact that I was that high in the air.  Wow.  So cool.  Can you see how white my knuckles are?

Stayed tuned for Day 4!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...